Wednesday, April 16, 2008

GETTING MY GROOVE BACK!

In an attempt to get that sewing "groove" back and stay motivated to sew I decided to start a sewing group. I didn't have any close friends who sewed. So I put an APB out to find some sewing friends through a website that I just happened upon one day...Meetup.com. There were several folks out there who wanted the same thing or wanted to learn to sew. I felt this was a perfect opportunity to spread the "sewing bug" and help myself too. As a result we now have a monthly group meeting where we share, teach & learn about sewing. I'm a firm believer that you learn better as you share and teach what you know. SO, I look forward to many years of sharing, learning and having fun spreading the "Sewing Bug". This is one 'BUG' worth catching!

HAPPY SEWING EVERYONE!!

Omega

2 comments:

  1. I also looked for a local chapter in my area and found two in here by suburbs. I haven't gone to any meetings yet, but plan to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you started the sewing group on Meetup! I'd been looking for other people in the area, too, that are interested in sewing, but couldn't find any. Sewing and creating is my passion, so I can't wait to join your next meet-up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment.
Hope you have a sew-wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails