Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What I'm currently working on...Summer Vacation

Hawaii here I come! I'm going to Hawaii this summer, boy I can't wait. So, I'm working on summer clothes for my vacation in July. Of course my summer theme will be Hawaiian print fabric. I've had some in my stash for years not really knowing that I would one day actually wear it to Hawaii. I'll be going to the island of Oahu. You'll never believe this but I won the trip through a raffle at work! YOU TALK ABOUT SURPRISED, when my ticket number was called. I was one happy girl.

As a way to get my sewing groove back I thought I start with this summer wardrobe. For practice I started sewing a couple pieces for my son (Nate), (he's going on the trip with me) BTW my son is 28 yrs old...(my bodyguard). He lives in California and I rarely get to see him so he was my choice to take on my trip. You think he'd say NO! HA! I'm making him a Hawaiian shirt, and a couple pairs of cargo shorts. I'm using Simplicity #5581 here's the shirt,
the shorts are still under construction. OK so much for my him, that's all I'm making for him.


OK, as for myself, all I've chosen so far are the fabrics. I have lots of white Capri's & shorts so I'm only making one pair of Capri's, two Hawaiian print shirts & a few T-tops. Here's my fabric choices- http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewhooked/2417069117/?editedcomment=1#comment72157604559223176 stay tuned for pattern selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment.
Hope you have a sew-wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails