I have been so busy with family & church engagements lately that I haven't had much time to sew. So, in the mean time I decided to do something for my office at work. I was given the chance to move into a larger office with larger windows. I love the extra space and light.
I've always had this low metal cabinet but with the move I also acquired a large metal file cabinet that I would be facing while at my deskI thought...I've got to do something about this cabinet, it was not a pleasing sight. So, I decided to cover the drawer fronts with upholstery fabric. Mind you I couldn't do anything permanent because they belong to my company. So this is what I did...made a paper template to cut my fabric, turned up 1/2" hem and used "Tacky" glue on magnetic strips to the back and...here's the after
The low cabinet is actually behind me while I'm seated at my desk and with the fabric covered fronts they are much more tolerable.
Hopefully I can get to some sewing this weekend.