Saturday, April 11, 2009

Looking toward Spring

It seems that it will never really come but I know spring is just around the corner. Some days are warm and sunny and the next you have put on your winter coat. Oh well, at least we can sew as if it's spring and maybe, just maybe before we know it...it will be SPRING. So, this week I was able to sew, and this is what I've been working on: Vogue 8500
This fabric is linen and it is fully lined except for the sleeves ,
The pattern didn't call for interfacing anywhere but I should have known to put a light weight interfacing in the front along the neckline and where it wraps over. It stretched a little and could have used some reinforcement. The only thing left to do is sew on the right button. Of all the buttons I have I don't have ONE perfect black button. So, when I get that button I'll have to take a picture wearing it with black pants.

Next up, is this jacket (short view) and pants outfit: Butterick 6473, I think it is now Out of Print. The fabric has a slightly loose weave and I'm not sure of the content.

I plan to make a top out of this fabric, the color here isn't very good, the dots are a little darker than they appear, they're more of a tan. I'm still deciding on the pattern I'll use for the top.BTW- I plan on sewing up a couple of those TNT patterns I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been working on the necessary alterations and will be working on a couple of those patterns for Spring as well. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of my finished projects soon.
In the mean time....Happy Sewing!

8 comments:

  1. nice top! looks great, looking forward to see the jacket too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice top.
    I like your choices of TNT's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top looks great and Thanks for the idea regarding lining for the linen top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice tunic , the fabric is beautiful too. Can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, I'll post more about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute top, you have inspire me to buy that pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment.
Hope you have a sew-wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails