Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dreams and Plans for Fall sewing...

I was hoping to sew this weekend but came down with a cold this week and just didn't feel up to it.  I did however get several pieces of fabric ready to sew.  I pre-washed fabric this weekend out the ying/yang...LOL 
Tote of knit fabric to be pre-washed
and still have a little more to do.  It's a job that sometimes I'm tempted to bypass but have learned better down through the years. BUT, to top it off I just found out my dryer just gave up the ghost, I think the heating element just went out.  I'm so glad I did my regular laundry first.
So, here what I'm planning for fall so far...

I plan on making the 3/4 length top out of these three knit pieces below, unfortunately the colors aren't coming across very well, these are a lot more vibrant in person...

This is another stack that I pre-washed this weekend.  The grey and black on the bottom will be a cardigan and I think I can get a skirt out of it too. The red & black are the same weave design just one is really small and the other a bit larger.  So the larger design red & black pieces will be a cardigan and the piece with the smaller design a skirt and cardigan. The green & black is a light weight knit and will be perfect for a wrap dress.


So to mix and match with these I'll make skirts and tops and probably one cardigan out of this black knit stack below...
 Here are a couple more patterns I plan to use, just have to decide which fabric for which pattern.
 

Well let's see if I can make some of my dreams come true.  I hope to get back in my sewing room at least by next weekend and make it happen...at lease some of IT.

More later,
HAPPY SEWING!!



4 comments:

  1. Lots of yummy fabric in your stash ~ hopefully you can shake that cold off quickly and start sewing ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith,
    Still trying to shake it but getting better. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics and cool selection of patterns. I have those patterns and they are perfect for making a mix and match collection. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sheila,
    I'm starting to feel better, hope to attack those plans this weekend...yea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment.
Hope you have a sew-wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails