Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Happy Distraction...

I haven't sewn it a few weeks, I have some things to finish but my sewing mojo is in slow gear.   I've been distracted lately by something I've been wanting to do for awhile but held off because I knew it would divert my attention.  I'm finally getting into card making and scrapping & it's so exciting.   So, today instead of sewing I made my first card.  My son's birthday is coming up next Friday and I wanted to get this card made so I could get it to him in time.  He lives in LA and he an artist & musician (as hobbies right now), so that's how I came up with the theme.  It's pretty elementary but I'm just beginning so here it is...

Front of Card

Inside of Card










This is just a little tag on back bottom









It's just my first one but I'm excited about  continuing this new hobby. I hope he likes it.  It was the perfect activity for a day like today, other than sewing that is.  Thanks to my scrapping and card making blogger friends KMQ, Sheila & Ki for sharing their beautiful craft creations and also tempting me to get on board.

 
On the storm front...I hope everyone in the path of hurricane Irene stays safe.  In my area it's just been rainy so far with more severe weather forecast for the evening and over night.  STAY SAFE!! 

Happy Sewing & Crafting everyone!!










4 comments:

  1. Great card. I love making cards and scrapbooking pages but sewing will always be my first love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KMQ - Yes, I agree, sewing has always been my first love but this comes in as a strong second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to see you've finally taken the plunge into paper crafting. You made a great card!! I'm sure he's going to love it. I'm just the opposite of you papercrafting is my first love and sewing is second. But I do tend to combine the two and stitch on my paper crafts:) Can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very nice and artsy.Your son will love it. I have a bunch of card making supplies but never made one. Keep on having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment.
Hope you have a sew-wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails