Sharing my adventures in sewing, paper crafting and a little bit of everything else...
Friday, May 27, 2011
I was able to sew on one of my dresses from the last post this week and tonight. It's almost done, I just need to put in the zipper and hem it. Also I thought it needed a little something...
As you can see here, you really can't see the design detail because of the print. So I thought it needed something to give it a little pick-me-up.
Had I thought about this before serging the seams I might have used piping but instead I'm using grosgrain ribbon (just pinned on for now). What do you think? I'm also going to make the little jacket included in the pattern in a white cotton pique'. I hope to finish the outfit tomorrow and wear it Sunday.
BTW this sizing method I used as described in the last post worked out really great. I did have to take in the side seams and back seam a bit because of adding additional seam allowance but other than that everything came together very well. Next time I need to use this method I'll take pictures and document so I can share with you all. I'll try to get pictures of me in the outfit Sunday so I can post pics wearing my dress. I really like this dress a lot it makes a perfect summer dress. I can't even remember when I last made a dress but I see many more in my future.