I'm finally done with my projects from the last post, the pictures are before finishing. I wanted to take pictures in the garments but I didn't finish everything I needed to get done today in time to set up the camera and have good lighting. I'll take pictures wearing them later and post them.
I defiantly had a change in plans as I began to work with the patterns and fabric. Here's what I ended up doing...I used this pattern, Burda 7580 for the cardigan and this pattern, Butterick 5247 for the top, and I winged it on the skirt to come up with this outfit (nothing hemmed yet in this pic) On the cowl neck to this top I cut it to fit around the neckline but I flared it out toward the outer edge and instead of doubling if over itself I left it single layer. I wanted the collar a little fuller and didn't want it doubled over, I really like how the collar turned out.Then I used this pattern, McCall's 5978
for these vests,As I worked on these I decided to eliminate the sleeves because the fit was better over the top with the dolman sleeves. Also they look really nice with a black turtle neck top and pants or skirt. In fact I wore the paisley vest to work Thurs. with black pants & top.
Last but not least I made this tunic,from this pattern, Butterick 5100
This looks great with black top and pants.
We had snow today, it was supposed to be 2-4" but I know I was shoveling more like 6-8"...I just want it to stop snowing!
Next I guess I need to do some planning for Spring sewing, I'm usually so behind that I barely get things done in time to where it for the season the garment is for. So maybe this will be a good time to get started. Oh, the other thing I'll be working on is getting a good fitting pair of pants. I need pants so bad and I really need to work on fit so that's what I'll get busy on next.