Saturday, January 30, 2010

Projects Done!...

I'm finally done with my projects from the last post, the pictures are before finishing. I wanted to take pictures in the garments but I didn't finish everything I needed to get done today in time to set up the camera and have good lighting. I'll take pictures wearing them later and post them.
I defiantly had a change in plans as I began to work with the patterns and fabric. Here's what I ended up doing...I used this pattern, Burda 7580 for the cardigan and this pattern, Butterick 5247 for the top, and I winged it on the skirt to come up with this outfit (nothing hemmed yet in this pic) On the cowl neck to this top I cut it to fit around the neckline but I flared it out toward the outer edge and instead of doubling if over itself I left it single layer. I wanted the collar a little fuller and didn't want it doubled over, I really like how the collar turned out.Then I used this pattern, McCall's 5978
for these vests,As I worked on these I decided to eliminate the sleeves because the fit was better over the top with the dolman sleeves. Also they look really nice with a black turtle neck top and pants or skirt. In fact I wore the paisley vest to work Thurs. with black pants & top.
Last but not least I made this tunic,from this pattern, Butterick 5100
This looks great with black top and pants.

We had snow today, it was supposed to be 2-4" but I know I was shoveling more like 6-8"...I just want it to stop snowing!

Next I guess I need to do some planning for Spring sewing, I'm usually so behind that I barely get things done in time to where it for the season the garment is for. So maybe this will be a good time to get started. Oh, the other thing I'll be working on is getting a good fitting pair of pants. I need pants so bad and I really need to work on fit so that's what I'll get busy on next.

Happy Sewing!

10 comments:

  1. Great looking garments. I love the vest idea over the tunic top. Why don't I think of these things!!! I also like the last tunic top, I missed seeing that pattern. Know what you mean about snow! We got over 12 inches and it was suppose to be like six inches. I will be out there shoveling today which will cut into my sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice garments! I love the vests. They are so versitile, and can spice up a plain garment. Nice sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cowl neck on the shirt looks wonderful!! Cowl neck collars can be too bundlesome, but not this one. The vests and tunic are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects look great. This winter has been a bit much. I hope it warms up soon.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work!! Love the vest idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waoh, all your garments are beautiful, and great wardrobe builders....Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, I've added the pictures of me wearing everything. I hope I can keep this mojo going. Now I need to discover the perfect fitting pair of pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfits. I love the vest over the tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was suppose to be like six inches. I will be out there shoveling today which will cut into my sewing time.
    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment.
Hope you have a sew-wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails